Flickr can provide lots of inspiration for photographers at all levels. With thousands of images being uploaded daily, staff curators have much to work with. One of the many ways in which you can see the work of others is via Galleries that's located under Explore in the top nav bar. Learn more about this feature in this video.
- [Voiceover] Galleries are another interesting area…that you'll find under the explorer menu item.…Right there. Excellent.…And we're in galleries right now.…And basically these are collections…curated by Flickr photographers.…And then Flickr finds his galleries and…curates those here in the galleries area.…And I like 'em because most the…time they center around a theme.…For instance catchy colors orange.…
Here's a gallery right here.…It's pretty crazy, huh?…Boy complimentary colors right?…Is that cool?…Catchy colors maroon.…Sort of get the drift here of the…different types of galleries that are available.…And just goes on and on and on.…You can just see page after page of…galleries featured by Flickr photographers.…If you're looking for theme.…Then I think this is kind of a neat area…where you can just look at a collection of photos…that you can get your head around, enjoy them,…and then possibly share them with other people.…
Point them to these galleries so they can enjoy them also.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.