Flickr strengths include 1 TB of free storage, a vast Flickr community, a bounty of organizational tools, and excellent mobile apps. Unfortunately, development of this platform has been uneven in recent years. And Flickr's standing within the Yahoo ecosystem waxes and wanes. But overall, Flickr continues to improve and its audience is loyal. Learn more about these pros and cons in this video.
- [Voiceover] So in the previous movie,…I talked about, you know, why consider Flickr…for your online photo experience.…I covered a lot of strengths there,…but there are a few weaknesses also.…Just to reiterate the strengths again,…robust community definitely, right?…Between Groups, between what you can do with Explore,…between all the activity that's happening on Flickr,…I think that is definitely a strength.…Ease of use, this is a fairly easy application to use.…
Now we're gonna really dig into it…because this is an essential training,…so I'm gonna show you things that aren't initially,…you know, apparent.…But if you just walked into this app,…you could find your way around…and do the basic stuff fairly easily.…So I think it's somewhat intuitive.…By the way, we're looking at the Magic View here,…speaking of intuitive.…I didn't pull these collections together.…These are my images that Flickr has pulled together…in these different categories…just by being able to use some really nice logic.…
I love it here, just being able to look at these shots.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Lightroom CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Chris Orwig5h 59m Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.