Flickr can provide lots of inspiration for photographers at all levels. With thousands of images being uploaded daily, staff curators have much to work with. One of the many ways in which you can see the work of others is via the Flickr Blog that's located under Explore in the top nav bar. Learn more about this feature in this video.
- [Voiceover] The last stop on our Flickr Explore Tour…is the Flickr blog itself.…This is at the bottom of the Explore menu.…And I've been coming here for years.…These are terrific blog posts…put together by Flickr staff.…Visually compelling,…drawing off the content that lives…in the Flickr universe.…For instance,…we'll take a look at this one right here,…the hummingbird.…So you get a little intro.…A few words,…and then, just some really lovely images, I tell you.…
This is another benefit of being part of Flickr,…which is not only can you view this stuff,…but you may be lucky enough…to be featured in one of the Flickr blog posts.…And I just think it's a terrific resource.…And I'll tell you,…people who spend time in Flickr…should be able to keep the creative juices going.…All the things that we've been looking at here in Explore…are all geared toward inspiration,…toward learning more about photography…and admiring the work of your fellow photographers.…
So come over here, hang out a bit.…Spend some free time in Flickr Explore,…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.