Once you get comfortable using the basic functions in the Flickr environment, you might be ready to take advantage of some of the advanced techniques. Even though they are powerful, these enhancements are easy to use. For example, there are Flickr add-ons that interact with the Chrome browser. Learn more about these by watching this video.
- [Voiceover] There are plugins and extensions for Flickr…that allow you to connect things…such as a WordPress site,…or your browser even,…to what's going on in your Flickr site.…I'm going to show you a couple right now.…It's worth investigating online…and then also keep in mind that Lightroom,…photos for OS10,…those apps also can connect to Flickr.…So it's something as your Flickr library grows online…and as you use Flickr more,…something that you might want to start thinking about…how do I bring this in to the other areas…that I'm doing work?…Let's go over to the WordPress site right here…and they have this cool thing called Flickr Photostream.…
It's a plugin that allows you to integrate your photostream…into your WordPress blog,…that's kind of interesting.…I have some integration on my site,…the Digital Story,…and I have a public group connected to the Digital Story…and the public group is the Digital Story public group…and has over 3,000 members and that's a lot of fun…and people can look at images and share images there,…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.