Once your photos are in your Flickr account, there are many things that you can do with them. Adding metadata makes it easier for you to find images as your library grows, and it helps others find your work too. Adding descriptions and titles are part of this process. Learn more about using these features in this video.
- [Voiceover] Because your photos can come into Flickr…so many different ways…a lot of times they might not have a title or description…and you may wanna go back and clean that up.…Now the way that we've always been able to do it…is click on a photo.…We're working out of the photostream at the moment.…Go down here, type a title,…type a description,…we can add some tags if we wish right here,…we can add some people,…and then we would go to the next photo.…
And for certain types of shots that's not a problem, right?…They're very different and you gotta kind of…do them (mumbling) anyway.…However, with the camera roll…we do have some other options now…and that's what I wanna show you right now.…'Cause I think for a big bunch of photos…this way that I'm gonna show you…is a bit more efficient.…So let's go back to our photostream here.…And now we're gonna go over to our camera roll.…And one of the things that I like about working…out of the camera roll…is that we have all the shots here.…
We have the shots that we have made public…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.