There is a complete set of online editing tools included in the Flickr platform. So even if your picture isn't perfect when it's uploaded, you still have a chance to fine tune it with a number of different effects and adjustments. In this video, I demonstrate how to use the drawing and text tools. Afterward, you can either save over the original image, or put the corrected version alongside it.
- [Voiceover] Our online editor can do some drawing,…or allow us to do some drawing, I should say,…and add some text.…So you can annotate your images.…Kind of fun.…Let's take a look at it.…Go here to edit.…We're gonna hit this bracket right here,…to bring us over to drawing and text.…We'll go drawing first, you choose your brush size,…do your color picker, I think it's black by default.…Pick a little smaller.…
And let's just do a little drawing, like that.…Oh, boy.…That was dreadful, wasn't it?…(laughs)…Let's just go ahead and get it out of there.…I don't know what I was thinking.…I'm a photographer, not an artist.…All right, so we'll cancel that.…You get the gist.…And then you have text, also.…We'll make it a little bit smaller.…We'll move it.…And then we'll just type.…
I just tapped there once I entered,…and that kind of brought me back to this mode…where I can move it.…I'll just tap outside of there.…And there you go.…Look at that.…You have your color picker.…And you have some fonts, here.…Quite a few, actually, right?…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.