There is a complete set of online editing tools included in the Flickr platform. So even if your picture isn't perfect when it's uploaded, you still have a chance to fine tune it with a number of different effects and adjustments. In this video, I demonstrate how to use cropping, resizing, and rotating. Afterward, you can either save over the original image, or put the corrected version alongside it.
- [Voiceover] We have an array of editing tools…inside of Flickr…and they're handy for a little bit of adjustment…after our images have been uploaded.…We're looking at them in our photo stream…and go, "Oh man.…"I probably should crop that just a little bit more,"…so instead of starting all over…wherever the image originated,…you can take care of it right there…within the Flickr environment…so let's take a look at some of these tools.…We'll start out with cropping, rotating…and resizing…and the tools are located right here…with the Edit Photo icon.…
I'm going to click on that…and you see that we have the option…to edit right here.…So let's try this.…So this opens up an entirely new editing environment…and we have many tools.…Look at all these…and we're going to take a look at these…over the next few movies.…We'll start with cropping.…Just going to click on Crop…and I can constrain my crop…to these different proportions…including Original…or I can just do a custom…or I can lock dimensions at a specific width and height.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.