Once you get comfortable using the basic functions in the Flickr environment, you might be ready to take advantage of some of the advanced techniques. Even though they are powerful, these enhancements are easy to use. For example, you can create wall art and books from inside the Flickr environment. Learn more about these by watching this video.
- [Voiceover] Over time, you will build up…quite a collection of images in Flickr,…and you may want to make some wall art from them.…Well, fortunately, Yahoo has been thinking about that too,…and they're way ahead of you.…(laughs)…You can make wall art directly from…images in your Flickr library.…Now, one thing to keep in mind is that…the images inside your library have to have enough…resolution in order to make a decent-sized print.…So if you have stuff in here that's 10-24 wide,…you're not gonna be able to make a 16 by 20,…or if you do you're just wasting your money,…because it's just not gonna look very good.…
But if you do have some resolution in here,…three, four thousand pixels on the whip,…then you can go up here to Create.…And you can learn about your options.…And you have three basic options:…you have canvas wraps, photo mounts, and photo books.…And these are pretty nice.…This is high-end stuff, here.…This isn't something that you slap…on the refrigerator at your aunt's house.…
And then photo books.…You can purchase photos by other people…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.