Flickr has a strong social and community aspect to it. You can connect with other photographers on many different levels. The platform is also designed so that work can also be made available to the community at large. Among these opportunities, you can create online groups and bring together those that share your interests. Learn more about this feature in this video.
- [Voiceover] I have just a couple more things…I want to show you pertaining to groups,…including how to create your own if you want to start one.…So we'll start out with, okay, where are my groups again?…We'll go right across the bar here and click on that,…and you'll see the groups that you belong to.…In our case here, we belong to Photo Gear for Fun.…But if you have many groups that you're a part of,…all of those will be listed here, and of course…you can click on it to go over…to that group and see what's going on.…
So that's an easy way to follow the activity…in the groups that you're a part of.…Let's go back to our photo stream,…and we'll go back to Groups, and you'll see…a button here to Create a Group.…And you go, wow, okay, that's interesting.…I've always wanted to create a group on bicycle pedals.…(laughs)…Well, actually, it's not a bad idea now I think about it.…So anyway, if you want to do that,…I'm gonna save that for you.…
I'm gonna focus on photo gear at the moment,…but if you want to create a group on bicycle pedals,…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.