Flickr has a strong social and community aspect to it. You can connect with other photographers on many different levels. The platform is also designed so that work can also be made available to the community at large. Among these opportunities, you can connect your Facebook account to Flickr. Learn more about this feature in this video.
- [Voiceover] I'm gonna walk through the steps right now…of connecting our Flickr account to a Facebook account.…A lot of folks use Facebook, obviously,…and if Flickr is your image library,…it only makes sense that you'd wanna send some over…to your Facebook account every now and then…as is appropriate.…The way you start out is you go up to Settings…right here, as I've done.…So you click on your icon…and then you choose Settings.…Now, once you're in Settings,…you go over to Sharing and Extending, right there.…
So you click on that.…And you find yourself here in this area,…with the opportunity to connect to Facebook,…so you go ahead and click on the blue Connect button,…enter your Facebook information,…your email and password.…Facebook will say, "Yep, that's good,"…make the connection, and then activity updates,…by default, are on.…Now, here's where you might wanna do a little thinking.…
Because I don't want everything that is in my photostream,…all my public images,…to automatically show up on Facebook.…I wanna have some control over that.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.