For many Flickr photographers, the Photostream is their homebase. And for good reason. There are many different functions that you can do while in this environment. You have many options available for each image. For example, you can comment on one of your pictures, or those posted by another. Learn more about this feature in this video.
- [Voiceover] If there's something in particular…you like about the shot,…something that maybe you wanna point out,…then add a comment, and that is also very easy.…I recommend that if it's a positive comment,…which, you know, let's stay constructive here,…let's try to help each other all get better,…then mark it as a favorite, too.…Give that, you know, that double whammy there.…To comment on a photo, all you have to do is…scroll down to the comment area right here,…and I'll just type, which for me the water drop…is really what makes the photo there,…and then I'll just click on Comment.…
That's added to the mix there.…Now the other thing about commenting is…that when people comment on your image…you'll see that I have a response here.…So this is a conversation or can be a conversation…where people comment,…so monitor them and if you see stuff that…people are saying that warrants a response,…then go ahead and comment back.…This really does help build community…around your Flickr site…and helps people stay engaged.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.