Flickr can provide lots of inspiration for photographers at all levels. With thousands of images being uploaded daily, staff curators have much to work with. One of the many ways in which you can see the work of others is via Camera Finder that's located under Explore in the top nav bar. Learn more about this feature in this video.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Here's an area under Explore that I just love.…This is the Camera Finder.…You get to it from Explore, down here,…here's Camera Finder right there…and this lets you know what's going on hardware wise…in the Flickr world and I just really dig it.…Now you can just look at this…and see the impact that smartphones are having…on the photography community,…the most popular cameras in the Flickr community…are all smartphones, isn't that crazy?…Isn't that crazy?…And then you can look at the most popular camera phones,…what's going on, they list other cameras up here also,…popular brands, so for instance if you wanted to see…shots captured with a 5D Mark III,…just click on that link and it brings you over…to the 5D Mark III page and you can look at…some of the images captured with this particular camera.…
Pretty nice, wouldn't you say?…Really beautiful stuff.…And that goes for Nikon, Samsung, Sony,…it goes on and on.…So for those of you who like hardware…and really, let's be honest,…how many photographers don't like hardware,…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.