There is a complete set of online editing tools included in the Flickr platform. So even if your picture isn't perfect when it's uploaded, you still have a chance to fine tune it with a number of different effects and adjustments. In this video, I demonstrate how to use brightness and contrast. Afterward, you can either save over the original image, or put the corrected version alongside it.
- [Voiceover] While looking at this shot,…I'm thinking, well, maybe I want to…brighten it up a bit, add a little contrast.…So let's take a look at Enhance Brightness…and Contrast in this movie.…We'll go over here to our editing icon and click on it…and choose Edit right there, and let's start…with Enhance and see what it does.…We'll click on that.…We have some options here, we have high-def,…we have illuminate, not quite sure…why that's called illuminate (laughs)…Let's go back to high-def.…
And then we have color fix.…Color fix did a pretty good job there with that.…And we're gonna cancel, we're not gonna do any…of these right now, I just wanted you to see them.…And let's go to Brightness, and we have a little slider…here, we can brighten things up a bit.…That's fine, but I think then we should increase…the contrast also, so go ahead and Apply right there.…Now that we have applied a tool,…I want to point out these arrows right here,…this one and this one, we can go back to how it was before,…and we can return to our correction.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Lightroom CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Chris Orwig5h 59m Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.