There is a complete set of online editing tools included in the Flickr platform. So even if your picture isn't perfect when it's uploaded, you still have a chance to fine tune it with a number of different effects and adjustments. In this video, I demonstrate how to apply effects and frames. Afterward, you can either save over the original image, or put the corrected version alongside it.
- [Voiceover] In our online editor…we can also apply effects and frames.…Let me show you how that looks right now.…We'll go to edit, right there.…Here are the effects right here.…Oh, we'll wait for this to finish loading.…Don't wanna go too fast.…And click on that.…So if you use Instagram then you're probably familiar…with these sort of things.…And these are actually pretty nice.…
Let's find one that I like here.…Lets take a look at...…Wanna do something that's just different?…(laughs)…We'll try this one there.…Here's Dean.…Little bit of vignette there also.…Marie.…Not sure how these names came about.…People around the office…when they were designing these, maybe?…Cruz.…
San Carmen.…San Carmen you also get a frame, alright.…So these are in here.…I'm gonna go ahead and cancel,…and then I wanna show ya frames.…And frames are kinda interesting…if you wanna create a title…or you're doing a greeting card or something like that.…And I like these.…I think the frames are actually fairly cool.…Let's do negative.…I was always sucker for these.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.