The App Garden can be found beneath the Explore tab in the top navigation bar. Here's where users have created apps that extend Flickr's capabilities, and then are willing to share them with the community. You can find all sorts of specialty enhancements here. Learn more about this feature in this video.
- [Voiceover] We have now wandered into the App Garden.…(chuckling)…You can find it under Explore.…Here it is right here.…And this is for folks who have a geeky side…to their photography, Flickr users…who have created these apps,…using the Flicker API,…and then share them here in the App Garden.…Here's a tag cloud with what people are looking at.…And then we have the apps themselves,…and it just goes on and on and on.…And if you start using these apps,…you can keep track of what you're using.…
If you create apps, that can be listed right here.…You can get the API key for creating apps.…So, it is a place for photographers…who love doing this sort of thing.…It's a great hangout,…and even if you don't use any of the apps,…you may want to come over and take a look…at some of the creative stuff that photographers have done,…not only with pictures but with code.…It's pretty neat.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.