Once your photos are in your Flickr account, there are many things that you can do with them. Adding metadata makes it easier for you to find images as your library grows, and it helps others find your work too. Adding tags are part of this process. Learn more about using this feature in this video.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] As we continue our information quest here…we're gonna add tags to a bunch of photos…and I'm gonna use basically the same system…that we used for adding titles and descriptions up here.…Which is I'm gonna start out by selecting all,…then we're gonna come down here, we're gonna go to edit.…Now we're here to do tags,…but why not just do a title while I'm here?…It's easy enough because I'm applying it to all six photos.…So we'll put,…there we go, just like that.…
Alright, so let's add some tags.…I'll do multiple word tags in quotes,…like this, end quote.…And then single word tags will just be by themselves,…like that.…Now you're going, well why are we doing tags anyway?…Well that's a very good question.…Tags are like keywords in the Flickr universe…and you can use these tags or these keywords…to find photos within your own photostream…and you can use keywords or tags…to find photos throughout the whole Flickr universe.…
So they're very handy for search,…and they help you organize,…and they're just like keywords in Lightroom,…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.