For many Flickr photographers, the Photostream is their homebase. And for good reason. There are many different functions that you can do while in this environment. You have many options available for each image. For example, you can add a picture to a group. Learn more about this feature in this video.
- [Voiceover] I'm gonna add a photo to a group, and in the next chapter I'm really going to explore groups with you, and show you how to find groups and join them. I think it's a great way to share your images, especially with people who have a similar interest as you. For instance, if you wanted to share this image in a group that really loved birds, then that would be a perfect example. One of the groups that I'm a member of, and also an administrator of, is the Digital Story public group.
I'm gonna share this photo with that group right now. And so all you have to do is go to the image itself, and then down here you can add it to a group, and your list of groups will show up, and then here's my group, and I've just added it to that group, clicked Done, and now there it is, right there in the Digital Story Photography public group. And it's really that easy, and again, I really encourage you to consider groups for sharing your work, and in the next chapter when we get into the social side of Flickr, groups is gonna be one of the topics that we talk about.
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
Photos for OS X Essential Trainingwith Derrick Story4h 16m Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.