Flickr has a strong social and community aspect to it. You can connect with other photographers on many different levels. The platform is also designed so that work can also be made available to the community at large. Among these opportunities, you can add contacts to your account. Learn more about this feature in this video.
- We're gonna get a little more social in this chapter.…We're gonna connect with other people on Flickr.…We're gonna invite some folks to Flickr.…And then we'll even look at connecting Flickr…to Facebook and Instagram.…So this is a lot of fun!…This is sharing photography…with other people who like photography.…So I want to establish a contact.…And the reason why I want to do that…is because contacts are fun.…They are people whose photography we want to see,…we like, and by connecting with them,…they will show up in our activity feed.…
And we get to our activity feed…by clicking on the Flickr logo right up there.…We'll do that once we establish a contact,…so let's do that first.…Let's fine one here.…I'm gonna connect with my friend Jim Heid.…Jim loves Flickr and he's a great photographer…so he's perfect to add to our activity feed here.…So I enter his name and then I'm gonna search people.…And there he is, he shows up right there.…Now I could follow him, right there.…But I'm gonna go over and take a look at his page.…
- Why use Flickr?
- Using Photostream vs. Camera Roll to view Flickr images
- Setting up and customizing a Flickr account
- Uploading photos and videos from various sources
- Viewing larger photos and slideshows
- Editing and tagging photos
- Participating in the Flickr community through comments, contacts, groups, and more
- Exploring Flickr's vast ocean of images
- Enhancing photos with the adjustment tools
- Watermarking photos
- Uploading video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Flickr
2. Create and Customize Your Account
3. Upload Photos and Videos
4. View Photos
5. Work with Photos
6. More Photostream Fun
7. Community and Social Networks
8. Flickr Explore
9. Edit and Enhance Photos
10. Tips and Advanced Techniques
Next steps2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.