- View Offline
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, my name is David Gassner. And I'd like to welcome you to Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features. This version of the Flex development platform is the result of two years of work by Adobe Systems. And there are lots of great new features. Both in the Flex 4 software developer's kit and in the integrated development environment. The newly renamed Flash Builder 4, formerly known as Flex Builder. In this series, I'll show you how to create a new Flex Project in Flash Builder. And how to use Flash Builder's new code refactoring and code generation tools.
I'll show you how to create custom skins for the new spark component architecture. This course is designed for developer's who have some experience with earlier versions of Flex Builder and the Flex SDK. If you're new Flex application development, you might want to check out the introductory course: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training. Either way, I think you'll find that this new version of the Flex development platform, will make it easier than ever before to create and deploy dynamic, visually compelling, rich, internet applications.