- View Offline
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Drew Falkman. Welcome to Flex 4.5 and PHP Creating Data-Driven Applications. In this course, I'm gonna show you how to use Flash Builder 4.5 to integrate Flex and PHP. Flex allows us to build powerful, rich client applications that can run in Flash player, on the desktop, and now on mobile devices. One of the best features of Flex is it's ability to talk to virtually any service side technology. In this course, we're going to look at how specifically to integrate PHP services and scripts.
We'll look at all the powerful Wiziwig tools and wizards that come with Flash Builder 4.5. We'll look at how to use them to generate server code, client side proxy classes, value objects, and how to integrate all these into our applications. We'll also preview Zen Studio, which is now bundled with the Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP. We'll explore some of it's features including how to use the debugger to seamlessly debug Flex and PHP simultaneously. As both a Flex and PHP developer, I'll show you how all these tools can help you with your development.
Let's get started integrating Flex and PHP.