Taking a look at how the files and folders together form the project structure.
- [Instructor] Welcome back.…In the last video, we created…the files and folders for a Flask app.…In this video we'll see how these…files and folders fit together.…In order to do this, let's trace what happens…when a user visits the page in the Flask app.…The cycle starts with user opening his browser,…typing a URL and pressing enter.…So step one, when the user presses enter,…the browser issues a request for that URL.…Step two, the request hits routes.py,…routes.py has code that maps the URL to a Python function.…
Now that we know what a Flask app's…files and folders are for and how they fit together,…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.