To handle our project efficiently, we need a version control system.
- [Narrator] Welcome back!…In the last video we saw how to use…a command line interface.…in this video we'll talk about version control.…As you write more code…it's a good practice to keep check points…of your code along the way.…This practice is called version control.…Version control is useful to keep track…of your own code and especially useful…when collaborating with other developers.…A popular version control software is Git.…So let's install that next.…To install Git go to this website…and follow the installation instructions…for your operating system.…
After installing Git…you'll need to configure it…with your name and e-mail address.…This is important so that Git knows…that checkpoints along the way…are being made by you.…To do this first type Git config…dash dash global, user.name and your name,…then type Git config dash dash global…user.email and then your e-mail.…GitHub is an online service that lets you…host your projects that use Git.…The advantage to hosting your projects on GitHub…is to one back up your code online,…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Python and Djangowith Caleb Smith1h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.