To style the HTML, we will need CSS.
- [Instructor] Welcome back.…In the last video, we talked about routing…and ended up seeing the homepage in the browser,…but where did those styles come from?…In this video, let's talk about styling.…In the terminal, create a file called main.css…inside the static css folder.…So cd static, cd css.…Touch main.css.…Open up the file.…Then visit this link…and copy the CSS in there and paste it…into your main.css file.…
We want to use the CSS file across all the web pages.…This means that we need to add the CSS file…to the base template layout.html.…Open up layout.html,…and add this line inside the head element.…So replace the static/css/main.css line…with this line.…So the reason for doing this is rather than hardcovering…the filepath to main.css,…we're using the Flask function URL4…to generate a URL for us.…
Here, URL4 is telling Flask to go to the static folder…and look for the file main.css.…Great, save your changes and go back to browser…and reload the page.…The CSS should now be applied,…and our homepages should look the same.…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.