Before we start, we will need a text editor to edit our code.
- Welcome back to Learning Flask.…In the last video, we looked at the Flask app…we'll build in this course…and the tools we'll need to do it.…In this video, we'll start by installing a text editor.…A text editor is where we'll write code.…A popular text editor is Sublime Text.…Sublime is available for OS X, Linux, and Windows.…It can be downloaded at Muse for free for as long…as you like and it is recommended to purchase a license.…To install Sublime, go to sublimetext.com…and click the Download link at the top of the page.…
From there, choose the installer for your operating system…and install the program on your computer.…After installing, open up Sublime and you'll see…a window that looks like this.…You can start typing in this file.…To create another file,…go to File New and this will create a new file.…Once you're ready to save a file…go to File Save and save the file to your computer.…Now, as we get further along with web development…we'll typically have multiple files open at the same time.…
For example, I have a pipeline file…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Python and Djangowith Caleb Smith1h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.