This video is a review of the tools installed.
- [Instructor] Welcome back.…In the last video, we got set up with heroku.…In this video, we'll review what we've learned so far.…So you installed six tools…that are needed to build web applications with Flask.…To review, these tools are:…a text editor, a terminal, a version control,…a database, Flask itself and a deployment setup.…Together these six tools, along with your web browser,…form your development environment.…So how do they all work together?…The work load starts on your computer.…
You use a text editor to write your code,…and you use the Command Line to run that code.…As you write your code you keep track of it using Git…and you store your code on GitHub.…When your application is ready to share with others,…you deploy your code to heroku.…At this point,…users can now go to your application's URL…and view the site.…So congratulations…on setting up your development environment.…Let's continue on to start learning…how to build Web Apps with Flask.…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.