In this video, we will talk about sessions that are very important to sign a user in.
- [Narrator] In the last section we built a sign up page…where users can enter their credentials.…We added validators to the sign form…to make sure data was entered correctly.…And if it was, we saved that data in the users table.…What comes next in this section?…There are three main things that need to happen.…One, after a user signs up a session should begin,…and he should get redirected to his homepage.…Two, registered users should have…the ability to sign in again.…Three, they should also be able to sign out.…
Let's begin with item one in this video.…First, what is a session?…When you sign into an app the app needs some way…of identifying page requests you make…so it can serve you your information.…It does this by setting a cookie…in your browser containing an I. D.…So, after you sign up for an app the app sets a cookie…in your browser containing an I. D.…Then, on each subsequent page request you make,…the I. D. in that cookie is passed to the app.…
The app looks up whether the I. D.…maps to valid user credentials.…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.