To back up our code, we will need to push it to GitHub.
- [Narrator] Now that we've made a homepage,…we've reached a good stopping point.…Let's review the workflow we're following.…The workflow starts on your computer.…You're using a text editor to write your code,…and you're using the command line to run your code.…Now, as you write more code you should keep track of it…using Git and and store that code on GitHub.…When the application is ready to share with others,…we should deploy Heroku, so that users can go…to that app's URL and view the site.…So far, we've finished step one, by making a homepage,…so let's proceed with step two…and push the code up to GitHub.…
To begin, go to the terminal and shut down the local server…by typing Control + C.…We'll restart this later when we've added new features.…Create a new Git repository.…Type git init inside your application.…Let's verify that the new Git repository was created.…Type ls -al.…This command lets you see all files, even hidden ones.…And here we see that the .git folder was created,…so a new repository was created successfully.…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.