Writing the form's front end in a web template.
- [Instructor] Now that we have defined…the forms fields in Forms.py,…in this video, let's display the form…when the user visits the sign up page.…In other words, when the user visits the URL signup,…a sign up page containing this form should show up.…This means we need to create a new URL mapping in Routes.py,…and a new web template in the Templates folder.…This is similar to what we did…for the Index and About pages.…There are a couple of minor additions along the way.…So follow along, and let's do this together.…Open up Routes.py,…and import the newly created form.…
So from forms, import SignupForm.…Next, configure the form to protect against…a security exploit called cross sight…request forgery, or CSRF.…You can Google CSRF to learn more about this.…Type app.secret_key = "development-key".…Here I define a secret key that Flask-WTF…can use to generate secure forms.…Then, create a new URL mapping in Routes.py…just as we've done before.…
So type app.route("/signup").…Then create a function def signup.…Inside this function, first create a…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Python and Djangowith Caleb Smith1h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.