We’ll take a look at how to query an address in order to find places near it.
- [Instructor] In this video we'll take a look at…Wikipedia's geodata API and then describe how we can…wrap this API by writing a new model in models.py.…At a high level, when I type in my address, the code…showed first, take my address, second,…query for places around it, and third, return those results.…So let's make note of these three steps with comments, here.…First let's retrieve the address from the form and save it…into the variable named address.…
So address equals form.address.data.…Great, done.…Next we need to take this address and search…for places around it.…How do we do that?…Wikipedia actually has several articles labeled with…geographic coordinates, it makes this data…programmatically available through the geodata API.…So if I want to find places around a particular latitude…and longitude, here is the URL I would use,…and here's the XML output.…
We can use Wikipedia's geodata API…to query for places around a point.…But, how do we query for places from flask?…Thinking back to the request response cycle,…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.