Once logged in, the sign-up page is still visible to the users. In this video, we’ll solve this issue.
- [Instructor] In the last video,…we talked about controlling access to the home page.…In this video we'll see how we can control access…to the signup page and login page.…Remember the second flaw…in the authentication system we created…was that when I'm logged in,…I can still access the signup and login pages.…What we want instead, is that if a user is logged in,…he should just be forwarded to the home page.…This flaw is sort of the inverse problem…of the one we had in the previous video.…If a user is logged in,…he should be redirected to the home page.…
So how do we determine if a user is logged in again?…Well the same way we did in the previous video.…If a user is logged in,…the key email should exist in the session object.…Therefore we can check this…with a simple if statement again.…If email in session, return redirect(url_for('home')).…Let's try this what happens now when I'm logged in.…So I log into the app,…the key email is added to the session object,…and now when I go to /signup,…the email key is in the session object.…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.