We’ll take a look at how to implement the location-based feature of the app.
- [Voiceover] In the last two sections,…we created an authentication and authorization system…for the app.…In this section, we will complete the homepage…by retrieving and showing interesting places…around the user's location.…In the first video of this section,…we'll look at the location-based features of the app…and prepare to implement them in the next videos.…So here's how it works.…I type in a location into this form.…The app retrieves interesting places around this location…and plots it on a map.…When I click on a marker,…it shows me the name of that location,…and when I click on the name,…it takes me to the Wikipedia page for that location.…
We'll use the same workflows and concepts…that we've been using in the previous six sections…like the request-response cycle, forms, models,…and web templates to build this part of the app.…We learned a few useful, repeatable workflows…in the last few sections.…The most important one is the Request-Response Cycle.…It traces how a user's request flows through the app…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.