To write less boilerplate, we will use web templates.
- [Narrator] Welcome back.…In the last video, we started creating a homepage.…In this video, we'll see how to use web templates…to reuse the same HTML across multiple pages.…To understand web templates,…let's start by breaking apart index.html.…Here's what index.html looks like now.…So let's begin by making a new file…in templates called: layout.html.…So cd templates touch layout.html.…In layout.html, we'll write all the html…that shouldn't change across pages,…like the doc type, the head, and the header of the page.…
We'll call layout.html the base template.…Here's what layout.html looks like.…It looks just like what we had in index.html before,…except now there is this block content endblock part.…What's going on here?…To answer this question, let's see…what index.html looks like now.…Index.html inherits the html…from the base template layout.html,…and it fills that content block with its own text.…In other words, we wrote all the common html…in the base template, layout.html,…and defined an empty block, named content,…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.