To make our app available to users, we need to create a deployment environment.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Lalith] Welcome back.…In the last video we saw how to install Flask.…In this video we'll talk about…how to set up a deployment environment.…The final thing we need here,…is a simple way to deploy the Flask application,…that is a way to put the Flask application up online…so that people can see it.…A popular deployment service is Heroku.…Heroku is free to start using with paid options…as you starts to run more and more data,…or using more computing resources.…To get started with Heroku go to this URL…and sign up for a free account.…
Once you've done that go ahead and install…the Heroku toolbelt,…go to toolbelt.heroku.com and download it.…The Heroku toolbelt is a set of three command-line tools…that we'll use to interface with Heroku.…Lastly, log into Heroku from the command-line…using Heroku login.…Fill in your email and password and you're all set.…We'll get into the details of how to deploy Heroku…as we develop the application.…For now, having the Heroku toolbelt installed…and signing into your Heroku account from the command-line…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Python and Djangowith Caleb Smith1h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.