We will need to install a virtual environment where we can install Flask.
- [Narrator] Welcome back to Learning Flask.…In the last video, we installed a database.…In this video, we'll install Flask.…We'll use virtualenv to install Flask.…Virtualenv is a tool that creates isolated…Python development environments on your computer.…So why is this useful?…Say you see a Python library that you want to try out.…If you installed this library systemwide,…you run the risk of messing up other libraries…you've installed.…Instead, you can use virtualenv to first create…an isolated environment and then safely install…the library inside this environment…without affecting the rest of your computer.…
You can then keep this virtual environment around…for more development work or simply delete it…when you're finished trying it out.…Either way, your system remains organized…and clutter-free.…To install virtualenv, type pip install virtualenv.…I already have virtualenv installed,…so that's why it's returning this output.…If you get an error here, it's likely…that pip is not installed on your computer.…So to install pip, go to this website…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Python and Django (2015)with Caleb Smith1h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.