To view the app, we will deploy the code to Heroku.
- [Lecturer] The Flask app now works…locally on your computer, so let's deploy to Heroku so that…it's available for others to see as well.…To deploy it to Heroku, we have to do three things.…First, install the Gunicorn web sever.…Type pip install gunicorn.…Second, create a file named requirements.txt…that has a list of the Python libaries…we have installed so far.…Type pip freeze requirements.txt.…And here's the file that was created.…
Third, add a text file named Procfile…that tells Heroku to run Flask using Gunicorn.…Then in Sublime add this line to Procfile.…Now that we've done these three things,…let's create a new Heroku App.…In the terminal, type heroku create.…This will create a new sub-domain for your app.…Mine is called tranquil-ridge-5048.…The Heroku create command creates a new…Git remote repository on the Heroku servers.…We can push the Flask app to this…remote repository using git push heroku faster,…but before we do this let's make sure to commit…the new files we added, Procfile and requirements.txt.…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.