We will need to install a database in order to save our app's data.
- [Lecturer] Welcome back.…In the last video, we got set up with…version control with Git and GitHub.…In this video we'll install a database.…We'll use PostgreSQL as a relational database…to store the flask app's data.…To install Postgres, go to postgresql.org/download…and follow the instructions for your operating system.…I used an app called Postgres.app,…which I found on this download page for Mac.…Once you download Postgres, you'll need to create…a new user account and password and sign in.…
Once you finish doing both these things,…create a new database for the flask app.…Call it learningflask.…So the way you do this is you type…create database learningflask;, you press enter,…and this creates a new database.…We'll come back to this later on.…In this video we saw how to get set up with Postgres.…We'll get into the details of how exactly to…use Postgres more as we develop the web application further.…In the next video, we'll see how to install Flask.…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Python and Djangowith Caleb Smith1h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.