Writing the form's back end using Flask-WTF.
- [Narrator] In the last video we installed Flask WTF.…In this video we'll create a form.…In order to make a web form using Flask WTF…we need to do two things.…First we need to set up a back end…where we define the form's fields.…Second we need to set up a front end…where we display the form's fields to the user.…Let's set up the back end first.…Flask WTF let's us define forms in Python,…but where should we write this code?…We already have routes.py.…This files maps URLs to functions.…
Let's not clutter it up with unrelated code.…Instead let's create a new file named forms.py…and write the form there.…Then open up forms.py and add the following code to it.…First we import a few helpful classes from Flask WTF.…The base form class, a text field,…a password field and a submit button.…Next we create a new class named SignupForm…inheriting from the base form class.…
And then we create each field we want in the form.…Since this is a sign up form…there are fields for the first name, last name,…e-mail, password, and a submit button.…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.