The app we have created still has two flaws with regard to security. In this video, we’ll take a look at these issues.
- [Instructor] In the last section,…we built an authentication system from scratch.…In this section, we'll take a look at authorization.…We'll see how to protect the home page,…the sign up page, and the login page.…More specifically, in the first video,…we'll tackle the problem of why users can visit pages…even if they aren't logged in…and why they can still see the sign up page…after they are logged in.…We implemented a sign up page, a login page,…and logout functionality.…For the sign up page, if all the fields are valid,…the system saves a new record to the database…and starts a new session.…
For the login page, if all the fields are valid,…the system checks if the username and password…match the ones in the database,…and if so, starts a new session.…The logout functionality pops the session.…In this section, we'll see how to let users…access only parts of the application relevant to them.…This is called authorization,…and that's what we'll talk about in this video.…The authentication system we built…lets us register and identify people who use the site.…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Python and Django (2015)with Caleb Smith1h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.