We’ll add an address form to our homepage.
- [Instructor] In the last video,…we set some goals for this section.…Let's go start at here by adding…a form for addresses.…Remember, when I land on the homepage,…I type my address into a form.…So the first thing we need to do here…is create a new form.…To do this, first go to forms.py,…and create a new class named address form.…So type class AddressForm[Form].…The address form will have one field…for address, and it's a string field,…so you can name it address,…and it has a simple presence validator on it…so we can use the DataRequired validator,…and the customary method here could be…"Please enter an address".…
The form will also have a submit button,…so go ahead and type that out here.…Next let's use this form in rouse.py.…So open up rouse.py…and at the top,…let's import the new address form…from forms, just like this.…Then, create a new usable instance…of address form in the home function,…so form equals AddressForm.…Now following the examples in the…signup function and login function above,…a form has two states,…
The need for talented developers is greater than ever before. A basic grounding in a framework as simple, powerful, and easy-to-learn as Flask—a Python micro framework—can help launch your programming career. Get a basic grounding in the fundamental concepts of web development, as well as the hands-on experience required to successfully build web apps with Flask, in this course with Packt trainer Lalith Polepeddi.
It starts with turning your computer into a modern development machine. Then learn everything you need to know about Flask: models, views, controllers, web templates, forms, validation, and API interactions. Lalith shows how to apply these concepts and develop a powerful database-backed Flask app, including a full authentication system. Finally, Lalith shows how to extend the app's functionality by integrating it with third-party APIs. When you finish this course, you will be fully equipped to build your very own custom web apps with Flash.
- Setting up your development environment
- Creating a homepage
- Building templates
- Routing with Flask
- Deploying to Heroku
- Storing data
- Creating and rendering forms
- Validating form data
- Creating a user authentication system for login and logout
- Implementing location-based app features
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Getting Started
3. Storing Data
4. Signing Up
5. Logging In and Logging Out
6. Authorization and User Roles
7. Bookmarking Places
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.