Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with TextFields, part of Flash CS4 Professional: Object-Oriented Programming .
If you are new to ActionScript 3.0 or at least relatively new, there are a few…key techniques that you need to know to get around. Throughout this chapter…we will be looking at the main techniques that you will need to use to get around in Flash.…We will start by talking about working with text fields. On the stage here I…have a text field and if I select it you will see that it's a dynamic text field, …so if you don't have the exercise files you can create the dynamic text field…and then click in the Instance Name field and give the text field an instance name.…I am going to call this my_txt. It is not a necessary suffix; it just gives us…code hinting in the Actions panel. Let me select the first keyframe of the…Actions layer and go ahead and open up the Actions panel and in the Actions panel…I can put text in the text field using dot syntax.…
So I'll reference the text field through its instance name. So my_txt and then…I can modify its text using its text property. So I type a dot and then when…
- Loading external text, images, and XML files
- Creating essential properties for a View class
- Defining a Model class
- Building and implementing interfaces and designs
- Debugging projects
- Building applications with Controller-class buttons
Skill Level Intermediate
1. ActionScript 3.0 Essentials
2. Advanced ActionScript Techniques
3. Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals
4. The Model View Controller Design Pattern
5. Building a Model Class
6. Building a View Class
7. Building a Controller Class
8. Improving and Debugging the Application
9. Moving Forward
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.