Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Who is this course for?, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
I've approached this course with the assumption that you have little or no…experience with writing ActionScript code, but you want to understand how…video works in Flash…and you need to walk away with a full-featured video player application.…So we'll start with a quick overview of a typical video player application, and…then we'll walk through three different approaches for creating video players.…Since these are all Flash-based player solutions that are ultimately embedded…into a web page, I'll expect that you have at least a fundamental knowledge of…Flash Professional, Dreamweaver, and basic HTML coding.…
Uploading the files to a web server is the final step,…so you'll need to have a web host and understand how to publish files there.…I'll be using Creative Suite 5 throughout the course.…The players do have some CS5-only features, but most examples will also…be possible with CS4.…If there are major differences between CS4 and CS5 solutions, I'll try to point them out.…If you don't have these applications, you can still follow along with the lessons.…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 51m Appropriate for all
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland10h 37m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Ashley Kennedy11h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.