Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Learning Flash Professional.
If you're a premium member of the lynda.com Online Training Library, or if you're watching this tutorial on a DVD-ROM, you have access to the Exercise Files used throughout this title. Many of the exercises in the course builds on previous lessons, but some do not. In both cases there is a folder for each unit of the course where we're building something. Inside each folder is a start folder and then an end folder. The start folder shows what the project looks like at the start of that tutorial and provides any additional assets you may need.
The end folder shows what the end state of the project looks like if you follow all of the steps that I show you. If you're a monthly member or an annual member of lynda.com, you don't have access to the Exercise Files, but you can follow along from scratch with your own assets. I'm ready to go, so if you are too, let's get started.
- Choosing the type of document to work with
- Changing document settings and orientation
- Importing bitmaps and vector files
- Organizing layers
- Understanding the timeline, frames, and keyframes
- Creating shapes
- Understanding the three symbol types (graphics, buttons, and movie clips)
- Defining motion and shape tweens
- Nesting timelines
- Using effects and masks
- Working with text
- Importing and adding audio and video
- Publishing your project
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics of Flash
2. Introducing the Workspace
3. Creating Graphics
Transforming visual objects5m 46s
4. Understanding Symbols
5. Introducing Tweening
6. Using Effects and Masks
7. Working with Text
8. Incorporating Audio in Flash
9. Understanding ActionScript
10. Working with Video
11. Publishing a Flash Document
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.