Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using embedded navigation cue points, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
Even though it's common practice to keep online videos generally short,…sometimes you just need to post a video of a longer duration.…In these cases, there are usually certain points in the video--a scene change or…a new speaker--that viewers may want to jump to.…This is made easy with embedded cue points and the FLVPlayback component.…In this lesson, I will show you how it's done.…So, let's began by opening up the exercise file for this lesson in Flash…Professional, and the file we will start with is FLVPlayback_NavCP.fla.…
Now, this is the video player that we left off with in the FLVPlayback exercise.…So, you will see there are some errors down here.…This is because it's trying to link to that old video from that exercise.…So, let's right now change it to our video that we just encoded with the…navigation cue points in it, and we do that by clicking on source in the…Component Parameters and then clicking on this little folder icon here. Making…sure we are in the correct Exercise File folder, we will choose our video…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 51m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland10h 37m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Ashley Kennedy11h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.