Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using dynamic event cue points, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
While dynamic cue points are great for some applications,…sometimes they're a bit too permanent since they can't be changed without…re-encoding the video file.…Dynamic cue points can be a great solution, giving you the flexibility to edit…them to your heart's content and even add them on the fly at runtime.…The first thing I should mention about dynamic cue points is that they're only…available with the FLVPlayback component.…If you want the same type of behavior with other player structures, you'll have…to write the code yourself in ActionScript.…So dynamic cue points are great selling point for the FLVPlayback component.…
You can add them in the Properties panel or directly in ActionScript.…For this exercise, I've created a FLA for you that has an FLVPlayback component…on the stage with the source video specified…I'll set up just like we used in previous exercises.…But we'll add a dynamic text field below the video that we'll use to bring in…some text as the video plays.…So let's open up our exercise file now in Flash Professional, and the file we'll…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.