Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Using XML and PHP to create an HTML version of your site, part of Flash CS4 Professional: Building Search Engine Friendly Sites.
In this movie, we'll walk through the HTML and PHP code that I used to create…the progressive enhancement application that we looked at earlier in this…chapter. More than anything, I just want you to understand the concept behind…progressive enhancement rather than writing this application from scratch.…So I have some PHP code that holds an array of all the XML files. I'm using SWFobject …and I have the alternate content. That's where all the magic happens.…
We looked at that earlier in this title. This application just uses …the XML data that the Flash application is using for its alternate content along…with some static HTML. Of course, you could use XML for everything if you would…
- Understanding search engines and SEO
- Adding deep links and bookmarking to Flash applications
- Optimizing HTML code in a web site
- Including searchable alternate content for browsers without the Flash Player
- Using SWFObject to help Flash SEO
- Setting up a testing server for Mac and Windows
- Monitoring SEO results
Skill Level Intermediate
Analyzing Your Website to Improve SEOwith Peter Kent1h 47m Intermediate
Flash: Best Practices for Banner Adswith Anastasia McCune3h 59m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SEO
2. Using HTML to Optimize a Site
3. Helping Flash SEO with SWFObject
4. Helping Flash with XML and PHP
5. Using SWFAddress with Flash
6. Working with Progressive Enhancement
7. Getting Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.