Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Using XML in Flash, part of Flash CS4 Professional: Building Search Engine Friendly Sites.
In this movie, we are going to look at how to utilize XML data in Flash. …Just note that on the stage here I have a Dynamic Text field called about_txt and …I have an XML data file called about.xml. You can create or open this file in any…plain text editor. I'm using TextWrangler right here but you could also use TextEdit. …So if you don't have access to the Exercise Files, make sure that …you have some kind of XML file to load data from.…
Just create your XML file this. Have an opening element called <root>, closing…</root> element, opening <about> element, closing </about> element and then…just put some text in between the <about> opening and </about> closing element.…So we have a pretty simple XML file here. Let's go back over to Flash and …we are going to put that text inside of the About text field.…So let's go to the first keyframe in the actions layers and open up the Actions…panel. I've actually written all the code here and we are just going to review it.…
Now if you are not familiar with working with XML data, I definitely…
- Understanding search engines and SEO
- Adding deep links and bookmarking to Flash applications
- Optimizing HTML code in a web site
- Including searchable alternate content for browsers without the Flash Player
- Using SWFObject to help Flash SEO
- Setting up a testing server for Mac and Windows
- Monitoring SEO results
Skill Level Intermediate
Analyzing Your Website to Improve SEOwith Peter Kent1h 47m Intermediate
Flash: Best Practices for Banner Adswith Anastasia McCune3h 59m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SEO
2. Using HTML to Optimize a Site
3. Helping Flash SEO with SWFObject
4. Helping Flash with XML and PHP
5. Using SWFAddress with Flash
6. Working with Progressive Enhancement
7. Getting Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.