Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Using SWFAddress in Flash, part of Flash CS4 Professional: Building Search Engine Friendly Sites.
Now, let's take a look at the ActionScript that you need to use when you are…using SWFAddress. Before you get started with this exercise, make sure that…in the same file as your fla folder, you have the SWFAddress and SWFAddress event class files.…On the stage here, I have a pretty simple layout. There are three buttons.…There is the Galleries button, which is galleries_btn, about_btn and …the Contact button is called contact_btn. There are then three movie clips on the stage.…
The front most one is called galleries_mc and then about_mc and …you guessed it, contact_mc. That's a pretty simple setup. You don't need any…complicated artwork, just have some movie clips and some buttons.…So, let's go to the first keyframe in the Actions layer and open up the Actions panel. …The first thing we are doing is importing SWFAddress in SWFAddress event. …Make sure that these class files are in the same directory as your fla.…And I'm just basically going to walk you through the code rather than typing it…
- Understanding search engines and SEO
- Adding deep links and bookmarking to Flash applications
- Optimizing HTML code in a web site
- Including searchable alternate content for browsers without the Flash Player
- Using SWFObject to help Flash SEO
- Setting up a testing server for Mac and Windows
- Monitoring SEO results
Skill Level Intermediate
Analyzing Your Website to Improve SEOwith Peter Kent1h 47m Intermediate
Flash: Best Practices for Banner Adswith Anastasia McCune3h 59m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SEO
2. Using HTML to Optimize a Site
3. Helping Flash SEO with SWFObject
4. Helping Flash with XML and PHP
5. Using SWFAddress with Flash
6. Working with Progressive Enhancement
7. Getting Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.