Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding object-oriented programming, part of Flash CS4 Professional: Object-Oriented Programming .
In this chapter we are going to be working with object-oriented programming concepts.…Object-oriented programming involves working with classes and objects. …If you are new to ActionScript 3.0 and programming altogether you may be wondering,…why you would want to build classes to work with your code, when you can just…put simple code on the Timeline that usually requires less code? That's a great question.…The answer is this. When you create very simple applications, then you can't…really tell the benefit from going from Timeline code to a class, but take this…application for example and this is just an example. It's not even a working…application; it's just a lot of code so that you can see.…
If I scroll down, there is a ton of code here and it's really hard to tell what…code is related to what. This is code to power a slideshow. So without…object-oriented programming you can have gobs of unrelated code on the main…Timeline that are very hard to read. And more importantly, they are hard to…
- Loading external text, images, and XML files
- Creating essential properties for a View class
- Defining a Model class
- Building and implementing interfaces and designs
- Debugging projects
- Building applications with Controller-class buttons
Skill Level Intermediate
1. ActionScript 3.0 Essentials
2. Advanced ActionScript Techniques
3. Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals
4. The Model View Controller Design Pattern
5. Building a Model Class
6. Building a View Class
7. Building a Controller Class
8. Improving and Debugging the Application
9. Moving Forward
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.