Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding links, part of Flash CS4 Professional: Building Search Engine Friendly Sites.
In this movie, we are going to discuss the importance of links in search…engine optimization and how to create the most effective kinds of links in your…applications. Here I have three examples of different types of links.…Let's talk about the first one. This is the type of link that was very common on…the web in the early days. Now you don't see it so much. It says, …To see Dorothy Brodsky's photography, click here. Click here is underlined and that's the link.…
If I click there, it takes me to dorothybrodsky.com. A link to a page is…a vote for that page. Now that doesn't necessarily make the dorothybrodsky's site…jump up to the top of search results. What it's saying is that…dorothybrodsky.com, the link behind this text has something to do with the link text. …The link text just says click here. Associating a link to a site with…the text 'click here' is less effective because it doesn't tell any information…about that link. What you want to do is have your links be more like the second one.…
- Understanding search engines and SEO
- Adding deep links and bookmarking to Flash applications
- Optimizing HTML code in a web site
- Including searchable alternate content for browsers without the Flash Player
- Using SWFObject to help Flash SEO
- Setting up a testing server for Mac and Windows
- Monitoring SEO results
Skill Level Intermediate
Analyzing Your Website to Improve SEOwith Peter Kent1h 47m Intermediate
Flash: Best Practices for Banner Adswith Anastasia McCune3h 59m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SEO
2. Using HTML to Optimize a Site
3. Helping Flash SEO with SWFObject
4. Helping Flash with XML and PHP
5. Using SWFAddress with Flash
6. Working with Progressive Enhancement
7. Getting Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.