Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the conversion settings, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Video encoding is a process that benefits from knowledge and experience, but…when it comes to online video, it's often thrust into the hands of those of us…who may not have made encoding our life's work.…In this lesson, I'll give you an explanation of the most basic encoding…settings and what they do.…Then in the next lesson I'll show you how to edit them in Adobe Media Encoder.…Now explaining all of the encoding settings is a tall order for one lesson, but…I will break it down into just what you need to know to get a grasp on the…basics--and a good video to publish on the web.…
So the three primary encoding settings are frame rate, keyframe interval, and bit-rate.…Frame rate is the number of video frames per second in a video.…Standard digital video is shot at 29.97fps, and traditional film is shot at 24fps.…It's important to know the frame rate of your source video, so you can be sure …that you calculate your encoded frame rate correctly.…Usually, you'll keep the original frame rate; however, if you have a video that…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.